- Home >
About Research Services
Sometimes your computer simply can't handle your research
ITS Research is here to provide information and communication technologies to support research at the University of Melbourne. This includes infrastructure, services and expert advice specifically intended to help researchers at the University to exploit the full potential of all the IT resources that are available to them.
Specific services we provide include:
- Research Data Storage and Data Management
- High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Collaboration, Communication and Visualisation
- Melbourne Research Cloud
- Support communities of practice around the above services,
- Provide training in how get the best out of the research infrastructure,
- Monitor and advise on emerging technologies, and
- Develop new services and infrastructure in a 'research-friendly' way through early pilots and beta testing.
Who we work with:
We work closely with the Melbourne eResearch Group (in fact, we're all co-located on the same floor in the Doug McDonell building on the Parkville Campus). The Melbourne eResearch Group tends to work on specific research projects across the University of Melbourne, whereas Research Services tends to work on supporting the research community more broadly.
We also work with:
Would you like to know more?
Contact the Research Services Team.